Thursday 27 March 2014

Reasons To Be Cheerful #R2BC - 01

I haven't joined in with this wonderful blog-hop since I stopped blogging in October/November 2013 over at shayandfamily, so it's wonderful to be linking up with all the positive posts again.

NEW BLOG/RETURN TO BLOGGING
There was rather a lot going on in my little world at the end of last year and I was struggling with a host of health issues so I took a brief break from the blogging world (and everything really) to focus on the things that needed it and to give myself a bit of a breather from it all. I'm back, as of last week, with a brand new blog having had a much needed rest and I'm looking forward to rejoining the wonderful blogging community.

FIRST RUN FOR MONTHS
Linking in with my break from blogging was my break from running. Those who follow me on twitter will already be aware of how unwell I was towards the end of 2013 and how I began my recovery journey; this meant I had to give up running because I just wasn't well enough to do so, something which hit me pretty hard. I'm happy, and rather proud, to be able to say that I'm now well enough to start running again, wahey! I went for my first run last night and it was bloomin' fantastic. I found my pace quickly and trundled along really well. Health permitting, I'm planning on competing again this year as it's something I've really missed and was unable to do in 2013.

SPRING IS HERE
Although it doesn't look like it from my window this morning, it would seem that Spring has just about arrived. We've had our fair share of drizzle where we live but we've been quite lucky with rather a lot of sunshine over the last couple of weeks too. The kids have been out in the garden and the local parks taking advantage of the improving weather and we've all been out planting bulbs, seeds and flowers and tidying our garden after the winter months.



7 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post. Well done you on taking a break when you needed to. I can learn from that. Inspirational in itself. Now you can Spring into action. Have a fab week

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back with your shiny new blog! so glad you are feeling well enough to be blogging and running again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as if you have been through a tough few months, good to see you back and love the new blog look. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you back, my lovely! I thought you had disappeared.
    I am definitely glad to see you healthy and back doing the things you love, it's been lovely having you on twitter again too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. Now following by email too, so I don't miss anything xx

      Delete