Friday 29 August 2014

Word of the Week - August 29th


My word this week is quiet, for quite a few reasons.

I've not written anything at two-tiny-terrors at all this week and I've been very quiet on the blogging (and commenting/reading other blogs) front. The truth? I'm really struggling.

7 weeks is a long time to spent almost entirely on my own with two children. They can be incredibly challenging and although they are wonderful children and I wouldn't change anything about them for the world, they bicker and fight and throw tantrums and strops like every other 3 and 4 year old. It is tiring. Especially when I find the days difficult to get through myself.

I've been quiet in myself too and a bit withdrawn, if I'm honest. Last week was my Nan-in-Law's funeral and there's been some 'drama' caused by a couple of members of the family which wasn't needed and has upset quite a few people, myself included. Isabella was a good friend and adored by my children and there's a very large hole left where she should be - I think we're all finding it pretty difficult without her.

As well as feeling quiet and being quiet I've been hoping and wishing for quiet too. With the children, everything else going on and a lot of personal struggles kicking off with my mental health I could really do with really need a break. I feel at the end of my tether.

Hopefully a new week will bring a few more smiles and sunshine our way. Hopefully it'll be the end of a blogging quiet and the beginning of some quiet for myself. Fingers crossed!


The Reading Residence

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you're having a difficult time and struggling. Parenting is hard enough when you have lots of support let alone when you've had to be on your own for a prolonged period of time. Really hope next week is better for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've had a tough week and my condolences on your loss. It is hard with two little ones at home, and I find if I don't meet with friends or family, I withdraw into myself and feel quiet, too. I am wishing for rays of sunshine for you all x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are having a rough time at the moment! I hope things are better for you soon! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really tough and hoping that you will manage to get a break and some support too. Dealing with little ones and experiencing loss is bound to have an effect on your well-being - hope you've some good friends who can rally round. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many of us have been right where you are now. Keep blogging and reaching out for support because it is there especially from those who may just have come out of the other side. So sorry for your loss - bereavement is one of those awful things that just can't be put right but as clichéd as it sounds, you can work through it and time does ease it a little

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for you lost and I hope that things will be better. I was in this position in the last 3 weeks and I would like to think that I am healing. It was a slow process for me but I am slowly coping. I know that it is hard to go back but I do hope you can start healing soon. Sending you hugs. #wotw

    ReplyDelete