Wednesday 21 May 2014

I've Been Nominated for a Liebster Award!



I'd like to say a massive "thank you" to Beautwins and It's a Mummy's World who both nominated me for a Liebster Award. I'm delighted and honoured that you thought of me and my little blog :)

The Liebster Award is a bit like a meme that is awarded to new bloggers or bloggers with less than 3,000 followers. The idea is to discover and promote new blogs whilst recognising their contribution to the blogging community as a whole.

There are various guidelines for the award but the ones I am following are;

  • Thank and link back to the blogger(s) that nominated you for the award
  • Display the badge on your blog post or on your blog
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominating blogger
  • Nominate 5-11 bloggers, with less than 3,000 followers, for the award
  • Create a list of 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer
  • Let the bloggers you nominated know and 'pass on' the award

As both Beautwins and It's a Mummy's World nominated me I'm going to mix up the questions that were asked to me and answer a few from both.

1. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be and why?
While I wouldn't want to change being a SAHM, if I could do absolutely anything I think I would be a Legal Adviser. I studied Law at A-Level and began a Law Degree at University. Due a difficult time in my life I had to leave after only a few months and I would love to be able to go back into that field and find a career there. It's something that still really interests me.

2. If you were a Superhero what powers would you have?
I'd be able to teleport! It would definitely make the school run (currently a 60-90 minute round trip) much quicker. I think it would be great to teleport my family and I around the World too, visiting lots of amazing places within an afternoon.

3. What made you start blogging?
I've always kept a diary of some sort but it was falling pregnant with my eldest that kick started my blogging. I've only been blogging a little more seriously at two-tiny-terrors for the last few months.

4. If you could be an object what would you be and why?
I'd be a camera! Just think of all the fantastic places, events and things I'd get to see and share with everyone.

5. If you won the lottery what would be the first thing on your to do list?
I'd buy a house; not anything over the top but a lovely 4 bedroom family home with a garage and a nice sized garden. We rent privately and have done for the last 6-7 years and the lack of security is something that plays on both mine and my Husband's mind a lot.

6. You've been given a free pass for the day. What do you do?
Has my Husband got a free pass too? I'd spend the day with him, just us. We'd maybe visit the Harry Potter experience down in London (somewhere I've wanted to go for a while), get some lunch together and generally spend a bit of time being a couple again. Having children is amazing and fantastic but I know I misunderestimated just how little time there would be left for us to be a Husband and Wife after they arrived. It would be nice to have a day just for us.

7. What's your favourite saying?
"Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be."

8. What is your favourite type of sweet?
Chocolate. All chocolate (unless it has chewy caramel in). I am a self-confessed chocaholic ;)

9. Would you rather be rescued by Batman in his batmobile, fly through the sky with Superman or swing from a giant web with Spiderman?
Batman, definitely. The other two involve being high up in the air which just isn't going to work for me I'm afraid. I'd much rather a ride in the batmobile.

10. If you had a warning label, what would it say?
"Warning! Will become volatile if a regular input of chocolate is not received!"

11. Have you made a "bucket list?" If so, what's on your top 5? If not, what would you say was your number 1 goal to achieve before you die?
I haven't made a bucket list but my number one goal is to run a marathon! I've been running since just after my youngest was born but I've had to take a long break due to ill health and injury. I'm only just returning to running and hoping to complete a couple of 5km & 10km races over this year and the next. I'd love to complete a full marathon one day...although I'm not sure that I could do it?!


There are some fantastic bloggers around and for my nominees I've chosen the following brilliant blogs. Make sure you hop over and say hello to them :)


My 11 questions to my nominees are;
1. How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
2. What three words would your friends use to describe you?
3. You have a magic oven that can prepare any food you want in an instant...what do you choose to eat?
4. If you could star in any film or TV programme what would it be?
5. What does your blog name mean?
6. What is your most prized possession?
7. If you could attend a concert of any musican/band (dead or alive) who would you go and watch?
8. What's your favourite item of clothing from your wardrobe?
9. What 3 things do you never leave the house without?
10. Do you have any phobias?
11. What is your favourite quote or saying?

Don't forget to tweet me when you've answered the questions!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Doing this NOW! Oh do I need to get the badge? Then put some on my sidebar too? #excitedmuch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D
      It's entirely up to you. You can add the badge to your blog post if you want or place it on your sidebar x

      Delete