Thursday 5 June 2014

Reasons To Be Cheerful #R2BC - 11

FEELING BETTER
After having a half-term wiped out by coughs, colds and chicken pox our little family is finally starting to feel better. My eldest has been back at Pre-School this week but, due to chicken pox, my youngest has had to stay home (he wasn't best impressed!). All of his spots have scabbed over now and he's very excited that he'll be able to go and see his friends again on Friday!

DECORATING
I've been continuing in my mission to repaint our whole house by the Summer. The half-term week saw me tackling our eldest's room and transforming it from a rather bland and grubby magnolia into a beautiful pastel purple haven. Fancy a peak?

1-2-1 TIME
Having my two terrors close together has had its advantages but with just 14 months and 1 day between them it does mean that 1-2-1 time with either of them is rather rare. With my youngest off Pre-School with chicken pox at the beginning of this week I've had the opportunity to enjoy some much wanted Mummy-Daughter and Mummy-Son time; it's been lovely.
My Mum kindly watched my youngest while I walked my eldest to and from Pre-School, so my little girl and I took the opportunity to have a mini Mummy-Daughter adventure by taking the scenic route home and exploring the less walked tracks, stopping to look at the flowers we passed and doing a spot of tree climbing! I had the chance to fit in some Mummy-Son time too whilst my eldest was at Pre-School. We did some fun craft activities together, enjoyed some cuddles on the sofa with a film and went on a fun walk where we explored all that we passed.

SUNSHINE
With the warmer weather and a spot of sunshine comes two terrors who are eager to get out into the garden straight from the breakfast table. They've been having fun playing outside again after spending most of the last week stuck in the house due to sickness and the rainy weather. It's been great to get out again, for all of us.




8 comments:

  1. 1-2-1 time is great isn't it? I love getting the odd moment with one child, however rare xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is brilliant and so difficult to get when you have more than one child, I appreciated every minute of it :) x

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear Half Term was a poorly one. Your children are so beautiful and your photos are lovely. I love it when I get one on one time with my children. Have a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Kate :) Hope you're having a lovely weekend x

      Delete
  3. I love having that 1-2-1 time with my children! Good luck with the decorating projects that you have lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressed that you were able to decorate while you were dealing with chicken pox too - at least they are both feeling better now, and I love the photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

      Delete