Tuesday 1 July 2014

Mum's First Moments - Guest Post from Hannah at 'Budding Smiles'

It's with great delight that I introduce my first guest blogger in the 'Mum's First Moments' series. The lovely Hannah is a first time mummy-to be who's little bundle is due on July 9th. She blogs over at www.buddingsmiles.co.uk about her pregnancy, lifestyle and journey into parenthood. You can also find Hannah on twitter, @BuddingSmiles.


'I knew you were there before I could take a test, that 'positive' 4 days later was a beautiful confirmation of your existence.

I knew you were there as days rolled into weeks and we waited impatiently for the first scan.

Your Daddy and I were nervous as we entered the Hospital, but we knew you were there.

Then there you were!

Your wriggles, kicks and perfectly beating little heart were all up on a screen before our eyes. Yes, you were there.

A few weeks later I thought I felt the tiniest of flutters.

"It's too early to feel kicks" I told myself, but I knew it was you.

Lying next to your Daddy in bed one morning, I rested my hand on my stomach and for the first time, I felt you kick. I placed your Daddy's hand gently down and you kicked again!

In that moment, knowing you were there became feeling that you were there.

Up until those wonderful first kicks, Baby C, it was easy to know that I was pregnant but it was harder to make it feel real.

Your kicks made it real.

In that moment you told me, in no uncertain terms, "I'm here Mummy, I'm here and I'm getting stronger!"

Then I knew all over again.

I knew you were there and I knew you'd stay there, growing until it was time for you to be here, in our arms.'


The 'Mum's First Moments' Blogger Series is all about embracing the first moments of Motherhood. Everything from the moment you discover you're expecting, through all those pregnancy firsts, into child-birth and those first moments as a new Mum and beyond towards the big milestone 'first moments' of bringing your little bundle home, seeing that first gorgeous smile on their faces and more.

If you'd like to get involved comment below, tweet me @shay_noble or email me at shaynoble@outlook.com for some more information :)

No comments:

Post a Comment