Thursday 10 April 2014

Reasons To Be Cheerful #R2BC - 03

The lovely Ojo over at Ojo's World is hosting Reasons To Be Cheerful (#R2BC) this week, make sure you pop over and say hello.

1ST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
My Husband and I celebrated our 1st Wedding Anniversary on Sunday April 6th! We had a lovely day spent with our families and enjoyed a rare trip to the cinema where we chose to watch Divergent (it was brilliant, go out and see it!!). I'm still struggling to believe it's already been a whole year since our wonderful Wedding Day though..and almost 8 years since we became a couple! Time most definitely flies past.

HALF-TERM
The children are off on half-term until Friday April 25th and we've been enjoying some long lie-in's, playing in the garden in our pyjamas and spending our days together. I have some activities planned for the coming days and weeks and I think we are going to have lots of fun before they return to Pre-School, especially if we keep having this gorgeous weather.

GARDENING
The children and I have been enjoying sorting out the garden. We've been encouraging the birds into our little patch of green with bird feeders and it's working, the kids are very excited to see them from the kitchen table visiting our garden in the morning's. We've also begun growing our own vegetables, something we had some success with last year. At the moment we've planted our peppers (chilli, barancio and bell) and some tiny seedlings have started to appear. We are hoping to grow some garlic and spring onions from kitchen scraps this year too..I'm rather excited!




12 comments:

  1. I still can't believe its a year already!!
    You are the second person to mention that film, I am going to look it up now!!
    Thanks for joining in xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's insane isn't it?! Really doesn't feel like it, the year has totally flown by which I'm guessing is a good omen :)
      Definitely look it up! Divergent was a fantastic film! x

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah. Same film! My cue to see it? But I am waiting for spiderman 2! Nice blog entry! I am so in love with the vacation as well! Just cuddlin in the morning and no worries that we are going to ba late for school =P #R2BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, go and watch it! It was brilliant! My Husband is very much looking forward to the new Spiderman film too, fingers crossed we get to go and see that one as well :)
      It's lovely isn't it..so relaxed. We've even squeezed in a couple of pyjama days ;) x

      Delete
  3. Like Jo I'm also curious about Divergent!! Happy anniversary & hope you have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant film, go and watch it! lol. Thank you very much. Wishing you a lovely week too x

      Delete
  4. happy anniversary! it is lovely to have time together in the school holidays. good luck with the garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that Divergent is a reason to be cheerful for both of us :) Happy Anniversary too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, we went to see Divergent today and I loved it too. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love :) It's a really great film isn't it?! I really want to read the book too x

      Delete