Thursday 3 April 2014

I'm Late, I'm Late...

"I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date.
No time to say 'Hello, Goodbye.' I'm late, I'm late, I'm late."

Sound familiar? Pretty much sums up the early morning rush in our household on the day's the kids attend Pre-School. Each day, despite multiple alarms, we get out of bed a few minutes too late, I rush around getting the kid's bags and myself ready while they eat breakfast and get changed. We leave the house, miraculously, on time most morning's but either my two adventurous little imps want to explore everything they see on the way to Pre-School (not necessarily a bad thing, but it does make us a bit late) or we have to go back because in the rush I forgot to pick up or pack up something or other.

It doesn't stop once we get to the Pre-School either. I spend the morning rushing about trying to get everything done within the few hours I have to myself while they are having fun with their friends. I imagine I look a little like the White Rabbit, from Alice in Wonderland, rushing around, constantly checking the time on those days. Except I don't have a watch to check, which may explain why I can never seem to get anywhere bang on time! I've been thinking about it and I've narrowed it down; it's either my lack of a watch or that my two terrors actually consume time itself that means I'm usually running a few minutes late. And while I wouldn't put the latter past them the former means I get to drool over gorgeous watches and possibly purchase one for myself so I'm going to settle on that one *winks*

Over at The Watch Hut, the UK's largest watch website with stores in London, Birmingham and Manchester, they have some stunning ladies watches, along with jewellery and watches for men and children also. I felt a little like a kid in a candy shop whilst scrolling through the beautiful and extensive selection of watches they have. I quickly found my favourite though...


Isn't it gorgeous?! I'm a little bit in love! It's a beautiful Vivienne Westwood ladies Rococo wristwatch with a cute pink leather strap and a watch face that reminds me of a piece of jewellery. It's water resistant up to 30 metres so I could wear it without fear of it stopping working when the children inevitably splash me or we get rained on. It's such a dainty watch (perfect for my skinny wrists) and looks almost like a bracelet at first glance. It's available with a black wristband and a stunning royal blue, but I think I prefer the delicate pink. If only I had a spare £185 lying around...

This post is my entry into the The Watch Hut competition in conjunction with the MAD Blog Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment